Monday, June 20, 2011

And 4 months later...

I brought the blog back. And this time, I'm going to try...REALLY try this time to make it work.

There were many reasons why I stopped, why I didn't try at all, why I ignored it all together. But the main reason is intimidation. With all these huge blogs of writers or soon-to-be writers or want-to-be writers, I didn't see my place. I would think of how awesome they had their blog, how many followers they had, how witty they were, and I got lost in it all. How do I stand out in the blog crowd?

And you know what? Last night it hit me. Really hit me. I don't have to be anyone's favorite blog. I don't have to offer amazing advice that people bookmark for inspiration in the future. I'm just going to be me, and write what I want to write. Followers, no followers, it's not going to bother me anymore. YAY!

*takes a sigh of relief*

It feels good already.

Now on to awesomer things. I finished my outline yesterday. Changed a ton through the months when I had an idea, and this time I really am done. I might tweak while writing my first draft of course, but for now I'm finito. Is that the right spelling? Eh...

Tonight I am equipped with my writing tools. I've got on sky.fm "Classical Piano Trios" radio station to put me in the Victorian mood, I've got a giant glass of Hawaiian Punch (my current drink o'choice), and some writing fuel. AKA, red seedless grapes. They are my fuel. Weird something healthy is a fuel, hmm? Tasty and full of awesomeness.

So tonight even though it's 1:30am, I'm going to get SOMETHING down on my draft. Because once you start, it makes it easier to keep going. Good luck to me! *crosses fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment