Monday, July 11, 2011

In A Slump?

I am digging my WIP. No really, it's awesome. Haven't had a single "uh oh what do I write now" moment yet.

But I did have a strange feeling after a couple of days of nonstop writing. I had grown into a writing slump. What kind of slump, you ask?
Well...
I wrote in my craft room. I wrote in my bedroom. I wrote in my kitchen. I have typed on these keys in every room of my house (except the bathroom...yikes). I needed a new atmosphere, but what do I do?

When I lived in Savannah I practically lived at Panera Bread Co. Unfortunately there is only one I know of around me now, and it's pretty far. So I never thought to go.
But you know what? A slump needs to be...um...unslumped when it can. So I went. And I wrote like my life depended on it.

Check out the amazing pecan roll I devoured. Mmm...

Anyway, my point is if you are in a slump for any reason, try changing your environment. Change rooms, go outside, go to a coffee shop, do something. Because maybe your slump can be unslumped like it mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment